VET Material and Technology Expert Position
With the overall objective of “improving sustainable livelihoods and employment prospects for the refugees and host communities, by supporting their skills development through apprenticeship and VET in line with labour market needs”, the Program funded by the EU Facility for Refugees in Turkey, has started by January 2020 and will continue for 4 years.
Programme will be implemented in 12 provinces: Adana, Ankara, Bursa, Gaziantep, Hatay, Istanbul, Izmir, Kahramanmaras, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya and Mersin.
The specific objectives of the Programme are;
SO1: Resilience of Syrian refugees and host communities strengthened through apprenticeship and vocational trainings.
SO2: Child labour eradication efforts strengthened through an improved and promoted apprenticeship training system in Turkey
SO3: Social and economic integration of Syrian refugees facilitated
For details please visit www.imep.org
Specific Objective(s) and Expected Output(s):
VET Material and Technology Expert’s duties will include the following;
- Working under the leadership of Module Leader 1 to meet overall Programme objective
- Preparing the list of training materials and tools as well as their technical specifications which will be used in the improvement of theoretical trainings in VETs
- Contributing in technical spec preparation of materials & equipment for procurement with related committees and teams to be established
- Monitoring and evaluation of the procedures related to preparation of specs for materials & equipment and their procurement
- Preparation of Workplace Support Guide for the workplaces to be improved in order to increase the quality of the practical trainings and presenting the Guide to related institutions for approval
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the workplace improvement process
- With the training expert, training of VET teachers in the utilisation of training materials & equipment
- Preparation of VET Material and Technology related short term expert ToRs to be assigned in the field studies all through the project life span and presenting to Module leader 1 for approval
- Participating technical and project team meetings as well as Programme national events
- Providing data to the Programme team in preparation of reports within his service scope
- Fulfilling other duties related to the Programme assigned by the Central Programme Office
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the vocational and technical education fields
- Academic degree in one of the Vocational Training fields will be an asset
- Being able to work in English is an asset
- Computer literacy
- Be proficient in report drafting
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
General Professional Experience:
- At least 15 years of professional working experience in schools and institutions providing vocational training
Specific Professional Experience:
- Experience in school-business life cooperation
- Experience in national and/or international projects
- Experience in National Qualification and Occupational Standards will be an asset
Period of Assignment:
Between January 2021 (earliest) – December 2022 for 24 months’ maximum. 24 months in total have been planned however can be reviewed in accordance with the development of the Programme.
Place of Assignment:
VET Material and Technology Expert is expected to be located in Ankara, however he/she will be required to travel among programme provinces as needed if requested by the Programme Authority. Although it is not a preferred situation, it is possible for expert to work in weekend days.
Working Language: Turkish
Application Deadline: 18.12.2020
For Application: VET Material and Technology Expert (gelbasla.com)